Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No Pictures Yet But I will add them soon...

In July we went to Atlanta GA, had some very good times. I don't think we had any bad times, unless you count the never ending humidity. And the 12 hours we were stuck in the Denver airport but I figured a way to feed all 3 of us for 7 bucks, yup at the airport!

We went to the Etowah Indian Mounds. Very cool. We liked learning about the culture of the people that lived there long ago. I think the girls' favorite thing was the grave pyramid. The Indians would bury their dead and add another layer of earth over top to build up the pyramid. Archaeologists have dug some of it out.


We also went to Kennesaw Mountain We learned about the Civil War Battle that took place there. Saw many hikers, the girls decided it isn't a mountain but a hill; your ears don't pop on the way to the summit. They also did the Jr. Ranger program. You do a work book about the National Monument and earn prizes. the got ranger hats, badges and a buffalo toy, not bad for answering questions.


We went to the Atlanta Zoo, our zoo pass got us in for half price, YAY! It was hot but we were leaving just as the crowds were coming. We liked feeding the parakeets and seeing the pandas the most.
After the zoo we went to the place on top of my must see Atlanta List. The Atlanta Cyclorama and Civil War Museum.I have wanted to go there since some friends visited there a few years back. The Cyclorama is a very impressive piece of art. Its story is quite unique. Elise got to touch it I am still jealous.  Also at this Museum is the Texan locomotive it was one of the trains involved in the Great Locomotive Chase of 1862.

We went to Southern Museum of Civil war and Locomotive History. It was a cool museum, Sasha liked all the guns. Both girls were upset when some teenagers were putting on dress-up clothes that had signs that asked people over the age of 12 not to try them on. My kids like to follow rules. We were wondering if they could read! The Museum is home to the General locomotive, made famous during the Great Locomotive Chase of 1862, an impressive Civil War collection, and the Glover Machine Works, a restored early 20th century belt-driven locomotive assembly line. The assembly line was great all they did without electricity is amazing.


Yeah, we went to World of Coke, isn't it one on those things that you must do. Coke there tastes so good crispy fresh, correctly per-portioned. I know We were only there 45 minutes, I don't care what Bill says!. You get to start the tour by watching a cheezy movie. Then you get to meet the coke bear, see how coke is bottled on a slowed down bottler. See tons of coke memorabilia. See a movie in 4-d, what is that? Where your seats move water sprays at you and you get to wear 3-D glasses it was pretty cool. I liked all the commercials from around the world. The best part was the tasing room------where if you are like Sasha you can taste 63 different flavors that Coke makes around the world. I like the berry cola flavors from South America. The least favorite one is from Italy it is called Beverly. I have never heard I was gross so many times in such a short period. OK so maybe they were talking about the soda!

We ate lunch on the Atlanta temple grounds. Where I learned in such humidity shade doesn't work!


Went to IKEA, for what cinnamon rolls, so good mmm mmm. Blue tote bags, that some punk stole out of my van. A bag of bags I hope they felt sucessful in their looting skills. I also got some pretty cool can openers for Carrie and I, she has a can opener curse, so it was a joke.


We went to the AirForce museum @ Robins Air Force Base. Scott and Amanda had driven down and Deward was also there :) We were on the way to Linda's It was great to see everyone never see them well not never but close enough to it That I can say never.


Kudzu Is everywhere. It is a vine that was planted to prevent erosion, but had turned into a weed. It takes everything over and makes creepy shapes that look like monsters. I researched it and discovered it has many uses. you can even eat it. But Kaleena wasn't interested in any kudzu recipes!


Besides these adventures We hung out @ Kaleena's. Swam in her complex's pool. Fed the ducks and geese by her pond. Did I mention we went swimming.






0 comments: