Monday, May 16, 2011

My Grandma

I have never been a believer in Friday the 13th. But this May It’s bad reputation showed me it’s self!

My beautiful Grandma Talbot returned to heaven that day. The Earth lost an angel and Heaven gained one.

Here is a poem I wrote for her a few years back.

My Grandma

My Grandma was born in 19194

Buts She’s still quite keen, better than the queen.

Across the blue skies like a dove her love flies

In the kitchen always a treat

even when I am bad she thinks I’m neat.

On my birthday in the mail I find a card

At her place there’s always fun in the yard.

Whether on the top or bottom of the game,

she smiles and tells me she loves me the same.

If someone asks me, “Your grandma can I borrow?”

My reply would be , “Maybe tomorrow”

for that lie I just told

I don’t think she’d scold.

When I’m filled with discouragement

in her I always find encouragement.

My expectations of her never fall below

To me she’s better than a super hero.

Even though gray is her hair,

I know your love will always be there.

No one will ever replace my Grandma in my heart. i hope my memories of all the good she was never fade. I am so grateful to know that someday I will get to see her again and feel her love, until then I will try to live to her example.

                                   Grandma

0 comments: